Monster Group is committed to protecting the privacy of your Personal Information. This policy explains how your Personal Information is collected, used, distributed, shared, and what your rights and obligations are specifically with respect to the use of this Personal Information. This policy does not cover Personal Information collect or held by The Monster Group or any of its related bodies corporate about its employees.
In this policy, “we”, “us”, “our” and “The Monster Group” refers jointly and severally to (and this policy applies to), the following Monster Group businesses:
- Tax Monster
- Finance Monster
- Electricity Monster
- Solar Broker
Personal Information means information or an opinion about an individual or an individual who is reasonably identifiable, whether the information is or opinion is true or not and recorded in a material form or not.
Sensitive Information is a special category of information. Sensitive information may include information about the following:
- Racial or ethnic origin;
- Political opinion;
- Membership of a political association or religious beliefs, affiliations or philosophical beliefs;
- Membership of a professional trade association or membership of a trade union;
- Sexual preferences or practice;
- Criminal record;
- Health or disability (at any time).
Collection of Personal Information
The Monster Group will only collect your Personal Information by lawful and fair means. The Monster Group collects information in a variety of ways. As part of our business, you will require you to provide to us Personal Information on a regular basis. It is standard practice for The Monster Group to collect information in the following way:
Information’s provided by your self via our website for quoting and comparison reasons. Information will also be collected via phone for the processing of products customers have requested. Our venders require personal information for most products, The Monster Group will use this information to help you make your decisions now and in the future.
Certain Types of Information
We collect the following types of information:
Information you provide to us directly:
- Your username, password and e-mail address when you register for an account with the Monster Group.
- Profile information that you provide to for your account profile and details (e.g. first and last name, phone number). This information allows us to identify you in our accounts and records.
- Communications between you and the Monster Group. For example, we may send you Service-related emails (e.g. account verification, changes/updates to features of the Service, technical and security notices). Note that you may not opt out of
- We use third-party analytics tools to help us measure traffic and usage trends for the Service. These tools collect information sent by your device or Computer on our Service, including the web pages you visit, add-ons, and other information that assists us in improving the Service. We collect and use this analytics information with analytics information from other Users so that it cannot reasonably be used to identify any particular User.
Cookies and similar technologies:
Log file information:
- Log file information is automatically reported by your browser each time you make a request to access (i.e. visit) a web page. IT can also be provided when the content of the webpage is downloaded to your browser or device.
- When you use our Service, our servers automatically record certain log file information, including your web request, Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, browser type, referring/exit pages and URLs, number of clicks and how you interact with links on the Service, domain names, landing pages, pages viewed, and other such information. We may also collect similar information from emails sent to our Users, which then help us, track which emails are opened and which links are clicked by recipients. The information allows for more accurate reporting and improvement of the Service.
Use of Personal Information
The Monster Group may use your Personal Information for a Variety of reasons including:
- to further enhance products and services to our customers;
- to provide services and products to our customers;
- answer your enquiries and deliver customer service;
- to tell our customers and prospective customers about other products, services or promotional offers that we think may be of interest to them;
- to ensure we comply with the requirements of our participating providers;
- to maintain and improve our customer service;
- to meet our regulatory and legal obligations;
- to manage and resolve any legal or commercial complaints and issues;
- to consider job applicants for current and future employment;
- to manage our relationships with our participating providers, suppliers and stakeholders;
- to carry out internal functions including training; and
- to conduct marketing research and analysis.
We may also (from time to time) use the Personal Information for purposes as required or authorised by the law. In addition to this, you may provide consent (oral, written or implied through your conduct) to us using the Personal Information for purposes other than listed above.
Sharing of Your Information
We will not rent or sell your information to third parties outside of The Monster Group without your consent, except as noted in this Policy.
Some purposes for which your information may be shared (non-exhaustive list) includes:
- between The Monster Group’s businesses such as Tax Monster, Finance Monster and Electricity Monster.
- service providers that assist The Monster Group in providing their core services, including:
- information technology and Telco providers;
- third party market researchers;
- professional advisors;
- government or regulatory authorities are required by law; and
- legal, financial and accounting professionals engaged for the purposes of running our business.
If you are a customer or potential customer, from time to time we may contact you with information about products and services offered by The Monster Group and its business partners, which we think may be of interest to you. When we contact you it may be by mail, telephone, email, SMS or social media. We will generally give you the opportunity to express a wish not to receive direct marketing communications. Your consent to receive direct marketing communications in the above ways will be deemed to have been given if you do not opt out of receiving direct marketing communications from us, and will remain current for an indefinite period of time unless and until you advise us otherwise.
You can opt out of marketing at any time (see below).
Your Choices About Your Information
You can let us know at any time, if you do not want the personal information we hold about you to be used or disclosed for direct
marketing purposes, or if you do not wish to be contacted in any of the above ways, by contacting us.
There will be instances from time to time when we must contact you in order to further clarify or obtain information or to verify who you are. You may not opt out of this type of disclosure and use of your Personal Information.
Use of Government Identifiers
We assure you that we will not disclose to anyone any Government Identifiers such as your Tax File Number, your Medicare Number, or any other such privileged details.
Access or Correcting Your Information
Upon request, we will take reasonable steps to correct your Personal Information if it is inaccurate, incomplete or out of date.
You have a right to access most of your Personal Information that we hold. Please contact our Policy Officer on [email protected] to ask for access to your Personal Information, make a complaint concerning privacy, or if you think any of your Personal Information is inaccurate, incomplete or out of date.
You acknowledge and agree that we are entitled to charge you a reasonable fee for processing your request for access to your Personal Information if that request is onerous.
Some of your Personal Information will be used to identify potential opportunities for you however we will communicate these to you directly.
In the event that you have any concerns or complaints about the manner in which we have collected or handled your personal information please contact our Policy Officer (details below). We will instigate your complaint and respond to you in writing within 30 days.
How to Contact Us