Open Hours
9am - 5.00pm Mon - Fri

Australian Superannuation Refund starting from $199.95*

Superannuation - Enquire


Vincent Kang CPA

Head Accountant/Business Advisor
superannuation leaving australia

superannuation leaving



1300 829 666

Claim Your Superannuation Refund When Leaving Australia


Tax Return Service




Tax Return Service




Tax Return Service




Tax Return Service




Tax Return Service



* All prices on this page are quoted 'from'.

Are you wondering what happens to your super when you leave Australia? You may be entitled to access your super early by claiming a superannuation refund after leaving Australia. If you have earned $450 or more in Australia, you are probably eligible to apply for a superannuation refund leaving Australia. It would be silly to miss out on money belonging to you, that the Australian Tax Office is waiting to pay out. Allow Tax Monster to show you how to claim superannuation on leaving Australia.

Superannuation refunds after leaving Australia

If you have worked in Australia and earned $450 or more, throughout your employment your employer will have paid around a tenth of your salary into a superannuation fund designed to support you when you have retired. This is called a superannuation fund, and builds up until the day you retire. But as a temporary resident in Australia, you will not be spending your retirement here. This means you can claim a superannuation refund leaving Australia.

Claiming your superannuation refund after leaving Australia through Tax Monster is quick and easy, thanks to our cloud-based services designed to make every aspect of tax easy for you – no matter how daunting it may seem! To discover how to claim superannuation leaving Australia, just give Tax Monster a call and speak to one of our friendly accountants.

Who can claim superannuation leaving Australia?

Superannuation claims are made by former temporary residents often referred to as “permanently leaving Australia superannuation”. The reason is, to claim a superannuation refund leaving Australia, your visa needs to have expired. It is not relevant whether you were classed as a tax resident while here or not. Anybody who has worked in Australia can claim superannuation leaving Australia after you leave.

Please remember, if you are an Australian citizen, a New Zealand citizen or a permanent Australian resident then you are not eligible for a superannuation refund.

How can you claim superannuation if you leave Australia?

As long as you were a temporary resident, you do not have Australian or New Zealand residency, and have now left Australia permanently you can claim a super early. In order to claim superannuation, when you file your final tax return on leaving Australia, tick the box on the tax refund application form. Then, sign the Power of Attorney form insert your TFN and provide the documents listed. Alternatively, you can use an accountancy firm such as Tax Monster. For an easy life, allow Tax Monster to deal with claiming superannuation for you!

How much superannuation refund will I receive?

After claiming superannuation when leaving Australia, you will receive what is called a departing Australia superannuation payment, or DASP. The amount you receive depends on how much money you earned. Since various charges need to be deducted from the sum before the DASP is calculated, the amount you paid in is not the sum you will receive back. The average temporary residents superannuation payout is over $3,000.

How Tax Monster can help

Thinking about how to claim your superannuation can be boring and time-consuming, especially when you are trying to focus on new, more exciting things. But naturally, you will be keen to get your hands on your superannuation refund as soon as possible. Many former temporary Australia residents use an agent such as Tax Monster to carry out their superannuation claim, mainly because it is easier and quicker than sorting it out themselves. For more information on how to claim superannuation leaving Australia, simply give us a call and have an obligation-free talk to one of our qualified accountants.

Claiming superannuation when leaving Australia with Tax Monster

Tax Monster helps thousands of former temporary Australia residents claim their superannuation refund on leaving Australia. Our cloud-based platform is designed to make life easy for our customers with to a service that is:

  • Great value
  • Easy
  • Reliable
  • Professional
  • Friendly

Tax Monster – making taxes easy

Tax Monster’s team of CPA-qualified accountants is always available to help you claim superannuation on leaving Australia. Our services include (but are far from limited to):

  • Claiming superannuation when leaving Australia
  • Providing solutions to minimise taxes
  • Cloud-based accounting and bookkeeping
  • Traditional accounting and bookkeeping




  • Compare Electricity & Gas
  • Home & Business
  • Real Estate Connection
  • One Call, Connects All!
  • Compare Internet Plans
  • Home & Business
  • Compare Solar Offers
  • Home & Business
  • Compare Loans
  • Home & Business
  • Accounting Services
  • Personal & Business

Finance Monster - FREE SERVICE

  • Finance Made Easy
  • Looking for a Mortgage Broker or Home LoanSpecialistsin Chelsea Vic 3196?
  • Finance Monster, can source you Home Loans, SMSF Loans, Car Loans & Personal Loans.
  • Monster Reward - Free Holiday5 Nights Accommodation in Bali or ThailandFor Everyone Home Loan over $150,000

Electricity Monster - FREE SERVICE

  • Compare& Save
  • Homes &Business/li>
  • Electricity & Gas
  • Better Deals & ElectricityConnection
  • Want to get cheaper electricity rates? We can help Homes & Businesses in Chelsea, Vic 3196?

SolarBroker - FREE SERVICE

  • Going Solar has never been so easy?
  • Want to get Solar Panel System for
  • your Home orBusinessin Chelsea, Vic 3196?
  • Solar Broker provides up to 4 Free Quotes from our panel of SolarCompanies that service Chelsea, Vic 3196.